Tuesday, December 13, 2011

namaste

This gorgeous photo
 I found it from from Lilie Zen Coach, an inspiring little yoga blog I follow.
Yoga.
So I know its the "trendy" thing to do now, but yoga is seriously my jam and has been for years. I love everything about it: the fact that it's exercise, the mindset it requires, the beauty of the poses, and especially the savasana[meditation/still time] at the end. Nothing will clear a head like a good yoga practice. Luckily my university offers free yoga classes multiple times a week! During this exam week yoga has been my saving grace. I have made a pact with myself to do it every morning with a cup of organic green tea before breakfast. {Green tea is also my jam. It wakes me up like coffee does, but without all of the jitters!} I set up in my little corner up with my yoga mat music and tea and just go with the flow of whatever I'm feeling at the time.
Healthy Habits in the making friends! 



An interesting fact? Yoga was popularized in America by The Beatles, only my favorite band of all time. 



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE yoga as well. Life-changing.

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did some yoga today! I haven't practiced it in a long time. I'm trying to get in shape over this winter break so I can do the yoga and exercise classes at my school. This was such a lovely inspiring post!

    xo, gina

    anythingimaginableblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free yoga!!! So jealous!

    before we moved, the fiance and I loved our yoga place. We went almost every day. But now, we can't find a yoga center we like. It really feels like something is missing from my life!

    Hope your having a great weekend!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete