Wednesday, December 7, 2011

De-Stressing


It's a dreary and rainy day here in boonetown. The day didn't start off that well due to the minimal amount to sleep I got in efforts to maximize my study time for my last big Chemistry test, but I am now done stressing over tests and on to trudging through the last week of studying for finals and writing papers. 
via

And so with the coming of the end of semester stresses I give you:
5 ways to De-stress
[in no particular order]
first. shopping. It seems to be the go-to thing this semester. So... {drumroll} ...I finally just bought the perfect LBD. Hoping to wear it to the nutcracker with my family...or the work christmas party..or to the christmas eve lovefeast service... or I might just mix and match and wear it to all three occasions! I would show you a photo but it came not from an online vendor or a big powerhouse brand, but our very own cute little boutique in Boone: Lucky Penny! Their clothes are seriously to die for. I will be doing further Christmas shopping there!

So I know, that was kind of an expensive de-stressor. If you have no extra cash, you could just pretend to shop! 
I do all the time. Like this: 
I want these. seriously. urban: I love you, I do, but I do not need to spend anymore money today. For now little boot you will stay in my wish list folder.

via
second.Music. One of the best de-stressors out there. Turn it on a drift away into relaxation! Current playlist playing? My Christmas one of course! But more specifically, the Nutcracker Ballet. It always brings back nostalgic memories of decorating and dancing around the Christmas tree with sister as kids (yes I actually remember). We go most every year... It might even be my favorite Christmas tradition!














third:Cleaning. Nothing says no stress like a clean organized space. Bring on the Feng shui! Out with the clutter and explosion of clothes and in with the fresh air and floor space! I will feel so accomplished when I am done...right now obviously am procrastinating by blogging, but I'll get it done...eventually.

fourth:Exercise. A big one. Release those endorphins and get better sleep! I used to be a bit of a yogi, however this semester I have let it fall to the way side. It's easy to do with the craziness of the semester but I want to will get back in that habit. With all this floor space, I'll have the room to do all the sun salutations I want!
via

fifth:This is another big one: Sleep! I'm never more stressed out than when I haven't gotten enough sleep. When presented with the choice to do some last minute cramming or get a good nights rest, choose sleep! Trust me. For now, a nice long nap on this rainy day is going to happen. I won't be seeing that stress for a looong while. 

How do you de-stress? any tips?

 random:



This music video.
How stinkin' cute is it?! The girl in the bed is Becca, a friend from back in the day. {She is doing vocals and the fiddle part} Her band Baby Rattlesnakes is out of Asheville, NC. I'm a fan. Check em out!


14 comments:

  1. Haley! I am loving your blog. So glad you're finally putting your trendy life online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good remedies for stress! Shopping is definitely one that relieves me lol! And sleep! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing that song- i love it! And it makes me so happy (being a ballerina) that people like you love a respect the tradition of the Nutcracker. I'm so happy i found your cute blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit the nail on the head with these 5 ways to de-stress! I have the same ones but not in the same order. My first one is exercise!


    -V

    PS: Silk scarf giveaway on my blog, please pass by to enter!
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, I totally agree with you! Another good one: Breathing. People forget to take time to breath in and out and meditate, which seems so silly! Good luck on finals! :)

    --Izumi
    Hybrid Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, shopping is THE ultimate de-stressor. Laughing works pretty well, too. The humor section of Pinterest gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great things to do when stressed out! I'm feeling the finals and last projects too... Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know that cleaning actually de-stresses me, but i always lie to myself in the moment if stress and say it doesnt, soooo normally i go for walks or shopping.
    i loooooooovvvvveeeeee those red booties!!! and whats LBD? i hope im not the only one whos clueless ;) its cause youre in college!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Finals! how happy I am that those are over :) What a fun post.... love the pictures of the rain! &yes I use music as well as cleaning to de-stress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the song!!!

    http://allaboutalynne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. if only i had your restraint with the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. shopping and sleep are the best destressers for me. can't live with out either :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I do have restraint sometimes...I'm mostly saving my money for France. It's a good motivation.
    and LBD=little black dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the luck! and yes with the meditation. usually yoga and meditation go together for me(before and after). I love it. soo relaxing.

    ReplyDelete